Literate Dragon/Neko Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rules of the World (Open)

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rules of the World (Open) Empty Rules of the World (Open)

Post  nervartius Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:17 am

(There are no real rules here. Just post who you're going to use in your first post please.)

Ran
Ran soared happily through the soft clouds, the mistyness of it clinging to her soft scales. Tucking in her large wings, she turned downwards into a dive. Hurring softly, she broke throught the bottom of the clouds to see a large plain. With a slight turn of her head, Ran could see mountains to the north and the forest-that-was-her-home spreading about in other directions. She pulled out of the dive swiftly and smoothly and landed on the grassy plains with a barely audible "thump". This is the life. she thought, plopping down on her side and wiggling happily in the grass, the sun warming her white scales. hardly anybody comes by here and it's the prefect place to live. Ran pulled her-self to her feet and ambled over to where a small creek was trickling through the field. Taking a large gulp, she coughed slightly, swallowed and straightened up. Looking at the cloudy sky, she noticed a small speck framed against the sun. The speck came closer and closer, bringing a intresting scent with it in the wind.
nervartius
nervartius

Back to top Go down

Rules of the World (Open) Empty Re: Rules of the World (Open)

Post  Calilea Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:50 pm

((Figured you could use a partner. ^^))

Ravenoth-

The mote wheeled in the air, revealing it to be a Male dragon. He spotted Ran and flipped in the air, turning back. Not ten minutes later, he landed near the convoy and took a steak from the mobile Pit. The red, Lomrea spoke in a cultured voice that showed years of travel. "Roads are clear and dry, saw a mature dragonelle on my flight, best hide the young one. This one looks like the mothering type.. and we've had too many escape attempts from her this year."

The Leader nodded, barking orders before others snapped to action.

Ravenoth dozed in her cage, her senses forced her to wake when she felt the dirt flee from under her paws. "What!?" She trumpeted in alarm, a large man banging the cage to silence her. Her prison was thrown into a dark wagon and heavy scents were burned to cover her scent. She piped a cry, smelling the bitter burning herbs before she felt the wagon begin moving. She hated not being in the sun. She gave a cry again before one of the woman made herself known. A whip in hand, she growled, folding her ears back as the muted light caught her gleaming scales.
Calilea
Calilea

Back to top Go down

Post  nervartius Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:41 am

Ran's small ears perked when the speck twirled away and into the distance. Curious, she jumped into the air, flapping smoothy to follow the dragon-speck. When the speck moved into a break in the trees, she landed gracefully on a tree, using her wing-claws to grasp the branches along with her paws. After a short rest, Ran proceeded to jump through the trees, startling birds and other animals as she whisked by them. Jumping lightly onto the road where the dragon dissapeared, she peered down the road and was suddenly run into by a smallish creature. Growling fearcly, she turned her head, seeing a small dreen dragon accompanied by an even with irritating spikes. Standing there was a small compared-to-her-size green dragon and an smaller human. "Why did you run into me little ones? I was obvously in your sight range unless you are blind." She transmitted to them, watching the fear on their faces closely. A slight movement behind the two atracted Ran's attention. A caravan drawn by horses and acommpanied by men pulled up. A thick reek snaked through the air from the largest wagon to Ran's nose. Incence, Yuk, Nasty...Stinky! Ran turned her head back to the pair, who moved close to a male red dragon of some-what-moderate-size. "May I," Ran thought spoke to the dragon, "ask what you are doing here?"
nervartius
nervartius

Back to top Go down

Post  Calilea Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:02 am

The male quirked an ear, inhaling the scent and sighing softly. I live with this Troupe. I have for years now. I were merely scouting to make sure no-- A roucious pipping and thumping of a tail broke his thoughts as he smacked the wagon behind him with his thick tail. Commanding silence from within in a growl. He reconnected. Sorry.. annoying things human children... Now as I was saying, I was just making sure there were no unsightly characters about that could hurt my friends and family. This Troupe raised me when the found me as a wandering Drake.

The Scents were put out via a stupid little boy who tripped and spilled his water over the brazer. Ravenoth felt Lomrea's mental tone before trying to break in. She wanted to feel the touch of another mind, not just his. And this one was SO. FRICKEN. CLOSE!
Calilea
Calilea

Back to top Go down

Post  nervartius Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:40 am

Ah. I won't bother your troupe then. I'm Ran. Ran thought softly, hurring for empahsis. A slight touch brushed her mind, sending a feeling of want and scaredness flowed trough the momentary connection. Ceriuous, Ran touched the mind as gently as she could, saying What wrong young one? in a secure spot in her mind while listening to the red.
nervartius
nervartius

Back to top Go down

Post  Calilea Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:32 am

Lomrea snorted, shaking his head. Well met Ran. His cultured mindvoice spoke easily, ignoring Ravenoth's fit. And don't worry. My Troupe and I will be getting out of your way soon enough. We are only looking for the next town to set up. Even the kids are excited of throwing another show.

LIAR!

Ravenoth's childish roar alerted her to Ran's gentle touch.

ohmygodsgetmeouttahere! I'm trapped in bars... I want to feel the winds and stretch my wings... I'm afraid... I HATE IT HERE! Her thoughts were turbulant, fast, and full of fear and desperation. I never even hatched in front of my parents... A mournful thought echoed along with later memories of her rough treatment by the hominids.
Calilea
Calilea

Back to top Go down

Post  nervartius Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:09 am

Ah. The next town is only about an hour's flight from here. I'm sure you will be quite welcome there. I have to go now, but it was a pleasure meeting you and your group. Ran nodded to Lomrea, and walked past the wagons without waiting for Lomrea's responce. Upon passing the wagon Rave was in she thought-whispered to her, Fear not. You will be out of that cage during the next show. Wait until then and then the puny humans will PAY for what they have done to you.

Ran worried now as she walked along the dirt road, about the things she was going to do and how she would carry them out. Shaking her head, and releasing a growl of annoyance, a sly voice whispered in Ran's mind.
It was hasty of you to promice to free the young one, but with this you can control her...With you freeing her, she'll do anthing you say! it hissed. Ran shook her head again, hurring to the sly one, I won't do that. I'm too pure!
Pure you say... I know that you aren't as pure as you look...
Ran roared out loud, and flew over the treetops to her den, the sly voice hissing evily in her mind all the while...
nervartius
nervartius

Back to top Go down

Post  Calilea Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:54 pm

Lomrea snorted, giving a polite thanks in return before taking off and winging toward the front of the caravan. He landed, "Next town's about an hour's flight from here Partner..."

He chuckled, seeing the bright eyes of the male Rider, his partner. "And Ravenoth? We've had her for Fourteen years and she's still not yielding to us. She's as wild as the day she hatched."

Lomrea glared at the wagon where Raven's mind had gone silent. "She's going to try something during the next show. Keep the handlers nearby when it is her tern to preform in the cage.." He leaned low, keeping his mind blank and speaking softly. "She's close to breaking under us. If she fails tonight, she may start submitting to the other handlers. And I will not have some stray escape when I myself stole her egg and killed her weakling parents! They showed promise... but were too feral. The world is changing. It is time Ravenoth changed with it."

Ravenoth felt and heard the contact. Something else was there, something... that made her shudder. A voice, more than half her own eased her mind. "Be easy Raven. Be Easy. You'll get out of this pit yet."
Calilea
Calilea

Back to top Go down

Post  nervartius Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:53 am

Ran grunted and stood up. Licking her chops, she ambled out into the sunlight and stretched, her miniscule scales glittering in the sunlight. Another sleepless night caused by that freaky voice. When will it stop? She wondered. With a shake of head, she burst upwards, great wings sweeping. Once in the sky, she pointed her head toward town and started crooning dragonsong. The sweet melody still emmitted from her throat when she landed in town an hour later. Still humming, she reached out with her mind and thought, "Little one? Are you in town yet?"
nervartius
nervartius

Back to top Go down

Post  Calilea Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:52 am

What answered Ran's querry was a few snarls from her. She was in the middle of training and Lomrea was close by.

Within Raven's mind was a shadow of herself, a darkness that was born of her hatred of humankind. She was working to corrupt the hatchling. The stinging pain of the whip bit into her wings as she jumped another hoop. A stray thought, a youngster's. 'I just want to go home... to mommy.. and daddy... But... Lomrea says they're dead... the Troup is my new family... ' A sniffle. 'I'm tired of being alone....'

Lomrea watched the younger dragon evade another bite of the lash before snarling. "Enough. If Raven continues to fight, she is on half rations AND cannot leave without someone, one of the Strong Men accompanying her. She's been feral for too long. It's time to break that fem."

The shadow snorted- Yeah right red runt. Raven's MINE. And I'll be damned and dead before you touch her again.... Unseen, unheard, the voice continued to plot it's vengeance for the day would come soon....
Calilea
Calilea

Back to top Go down

Post  nervartius Tue May 31, 2011 6:21 am

Ran flinched slightly at Raven's slight childish thought. The quick and hard to pick up thought disturbed her and worried her. What had that littling been through that she wanted to be free and have a new family so badly? She shook away thos thoughts and stalked through the town, humming to calm herself down. A human jabbed her in the lower leg and she growled at it without looking. Only when a small sobbing noise came from the human's direction did she turn her head towards it. Why did you bump into me little one? Ran growled into the human's head. The small male human's eyes widened before he muttered, "Somebody is after me an' I wanna get away from them." Ran hurred softly into the humans face and purred now softly, You shouldn't run. If you stand up to them nothing will happen to you. Those people chasing you are just idiots that think they are someone powerful when they aren't. You have more power little one. The child nodded confused-like and touched her on her leg with a tiny hand in thanks before running off. Ran watched for a moment and headed out again, following the crowd of people to the center of town. Her long neck was an advantage here and she could see the toupe camped on the other side of the street where it opened into a forest clearing. She pushed trough the crowd and stopped at a large poster applied to a stone wall showing a dargon bound in chains flying through hoops and preforming acts of excitement while a small human stood nearby with a metal-tipped whip. "See the Mighty Raven, the shadow that flies through flames preform tonight in the village center!" Disgusting. How dare the Humans capture one of my kin and force her to do such things while bound in chains?! Ran growled and whirled around and crashed into Lomera. Ow... Ohmoigosh. I am sorry... I was just looking at the poster.... she muttered quickly, edging her body up against the poster-covered wall.
nervartius
nervartius

Back to top Go down

Post  Calilea Tue May 31, 2011 2:56 pm

Lomrea spoke in his lofty way. "Fear not little Dragonelle. I am merely sampling the wares here.... they have some simply divine strips of steak. Would you like some?" He was off his guard, stupid of him really. His mind was on the show and on this place. He heard her thought, "Oh that? Feh.. Ravenoth is a bit.... wild. We need to keep her safe... otherwise she could get hurt.." He turned, "The show is starting, please if you wish to watch, go outside the city. It seems the humans are nervous of us..."

Ravenoth was lead out of her cage, a chain connected to a grand collar as an extravagant harness pinned her wings to her side. It's stark white color sharply contrasted her dark scales as her eyes adjusted to the light. The golden gaze landed on the audience as she lowered, shame cowing her. There was Lomrea, with his partner on his back, both emblazoned in their show best. The Marking on her shoulder adorned them as well, how she loathed it. She heard her cue. The crack of a whip was her warning, three hoops set before her, each set so she had to preform certain tasks, flips or even a dive for the last one. The audience was clapping at the "Performance" of a poor young dragon. It came to a portion of the show where the harness was removed, Lomrea growled into Raven's mind, "Escape... and I will not kill you... but I will make you BEG for death little one..."

The shadow yowled, spat and swore at the red dragon. It was nearly time for Raven's escape.. and no prissy red pony was going to stop her fight.
Calilea
Calilea

Back to top Go down

Post  nervartius Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:32 am

Ran padded after Lomera after recomposing herself, still worried about how he had snuck up on her. The streets opened into the fields outside the city where a crowd gathered and muttered anxously. A cheer rose from the crowd as a chained blue-black dragon strode out of a cage that was too small for her. The handlers watched nervously at the little dragon as she lept through hoops and preformed sumersaults. Ran watched paitenetly, waiting for a moment when Raven would be free from the restraining harness. As Raven stood still for the harness to be removed, Ran stole a look over at Lomera. His rider was with him now and the pair were sneering at the youngling. Angered at the gilded male, Ran sent a tendril of thoughts towards Raven. When you are free of the harness, I will occupy Lomera's mind and make him incapable of movement or coherent thought. When I posess him you must fly into the forest or fight alongside me! The humans of this town are kind people and you must not kill them in your fury.
nervartius
nervartius

Back to top Go down

Post  Calilea Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:59 pm

Ravenoth couldn't respond correctly, her eyes locked onto a target, a dumy she was to set alight. She would do the stunts..... but she WOULD escape in the fracus that followed. Then.. as that voice had told her so often. Chaos.... glorious chaos that would alow her to fade from sight. She nodded, the harness fell from her back, her long, lean wings spreading like a true shadow. She gave a piping dragon cry, launching into the air. Her beats were smooth, Lomrea readied to follow her when he saw her arc and set the dummy ablaze. She looked at the villagers and snorted, her vengance with the troup was her main concern.

Once it was clear Ravenoth was not going to obey, Lomrea lowered, a signal that he was goign to spring into the air and capture this stupid hatchling. However, he missed the return of Ran and her messages to the hatchling, fueling her desire to fly like her parents. She was already so much stronger than them, a young vibrant female. He may have been gilded, but even he knew where there were breeding males. "Notch!"

Hidden archers readied thier sleeping spells, arrows aimed for the tender wings.
Calilea
Calilea

Back to top Go down

Post  nervartius Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:39 am

Ran's tufted ears perked up when she heard the soft noise of the strings being drawn. With a roar, she pounced towards Lomera and ...
Notch? Notch! Ran growled softly in anger. How dare Notch join these humans and stand by idly as one of your own is tortured! Ran pinned Lomera and Notch by the wings with her hind paws and pinned thier riders with her front. She breathed softly in their faces, sending a hypnotic thought towrds them. Sleep The humans struggled between her paws for moment and Ran couldn't help but admire the their determination. SLEEP
The riders zonked out along with Lomera, and she turned to Notch, leaving Lomera to Raven if she wanted. Now what should I do to you? she purred, letting him escape for a momnet then pouncing on him gleefully Should I kill you myself, or should I let Raven Kill you? Or should I free you from your bonds from that human? That would be pelenty painful I'm sure. Oh and call those Archers off, or I'll just slit your throat here and now. Do It!
nervartius
nervartius

Back to top Go down

Post  Calilea Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:14 pm

Notch was the chosen command to the archers to notch their arrows, along with the resident green dragon of the forest near the village. He came when summoned by his kind, Lomrea promising him food and yea,... even a mate if he could only tame the wild Raven. His Partner, a Rider of Elven decent, was gentle and actually disliked the idea of breaking the female of her fire. So few females roamed without reason nowadays. Since the great war stole many of them in the egg, most were hatched stupid, dependent on humans. This one, would be a key in the coming future...

Notch whimpered before Notch growled. "Archers, Stand down..." He managed to right his left wing, protecting the elf. "Listen, Lom was giving me a chance at a mate! You know how hard it is to get dragonelles that aren't attached anymore! Even Wind here" He nodded over to the unconscious elf, "knows his kind are fading!" He struggled, trying to free himself. "You knew the same when that bloody blasted slayer killed your mate and hatchling years ago!!!!"

------------------

Ravenoth landed, looking at the downed Lomrea, she snorted in disgust, listening to the green dragon and how he meant for her to be his. She bristled, this little raven belong to NO ONE!
Calilea
Calilea

Back to top Go down

Post  nervartius Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:46 am

Shutup! Be silent you demon! Ran was furious and put a threating paw closer to the wing that was shelding Wind. She didn't want to kill the elfish man, he did nothing to her, but if it came to it, she would kill him.
It was all your fault Notch! You were the one that suggested that we take sweet Khayden out so he could see a thunderstorm! It was your fault Khay and Ferdis died! I only survived by disbling all of the hunters minds but before I could save either of them, they were dead! Why didn't you alert us to the hunters Notch? Tell me why!
Hot angry tears welled in Ran's eyes, blurring the angry red color thay had changed to. She sniffed softly, and dug her claws in deeper. Why?! A single drop fell, landing on Notch's nose with a small "plop".
nervartius
nervartius

Back to top Go down

Post  Calilea Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:04 pm

Ravenoth landed near the female, hearing a set of footsteps, she whipped around, her tail snapping. A female in armor weilding a great white lance and a black blade walked forward, "Because that green there was at the Raid of this little's one's home cave. He was helping hunters while Lomrea, the red, killed Kirsha, a white dragonelle.... wait. Wasn't there a Kersha somewhere in your group somewhere Mental Dragon?" The female lifted her visor, revealing ebon eyes. "Or does the name..." She paused, checking her gauntlets for dust, "Falloth ring a bell? A great black dragon.... seems this one takes after her sire."

Ravenoth heard the names and froze, whispers of memories seemed to be drawn from a place buried deep within her. Notch paled quickly, this woman... this.. huntress... was she there? Was she the reason he was missing half a horn and the tip of his ear? Was it HER?

The Archers could only watch in confusion.
Calilea
Calilea

Back to top Go down

Post  nervartius Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:32 am

Ran stared blankly at the huntress before letting loose a harsh scream. How do you know of my sister and Falloth? You were the ones that killed them?! she boomed, projecting her voice out to every mind. Ran realeased Notch from her hold and peered over at Raven. Yes... She does look like Falloth...but how? The private thoughts were disturbing, but Ran had other buisness to attend to, Like that hunter. Yes, she will suffer for all she did to my family and clan.
nervartius
nervartius

Back to top Go down

Post  Calilea Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:31 pm

The Huntress trilled a soft note. "Be easy. I'm the reason your green friend is missing some parts because he killed my friends. You see.... Ravenoth there, is the only egg on the shelf that survived the rampage. I was there when they were laid. You see.. I was to TEACH Ravenoth about the world. I barely reached the cave with my weapons to drive off the lusty one here. The Red tore me badly, I nearly lost use of my left eye..." Indeed there was a scar, "I've been trying to find them for a decade now. You see..." She removed her helmet. "I'm her Guardian. Not a murderer." Sparkling white angel wings unfurled in the winds. "Raven's all that is left of your sister's blood. Feel for it Mental.... you know the connection is there....."

The huntress glared at Notch and Lomrea, promising both a world of pain when she got the Summon Circle completed. She then looked to the confused youngling. "Rest easy thou wondrous Raven. Rest.... and remember thy mother's songs..."

Ravenoth, though keyed up on adrenaline, began to sway before she fell to her belly, her eyes dripping closed. she opened them once more only to hear a soft hissing. Her own breathing evened out.
Calilea
Calilea

Back to top Go down

Post  nervartius Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:10 am

Ran inwardly reeled backward. How did she hear my private thoughts? Ugh. Never mind that. She looked out of the corner of her eye at the now subdued Raven. What did you do to her? Ran questioned, her pale scales glowing yellow with worry. Her eyes whirled yellow as well as she anxously eyed the huntress once again. And speaking of teaching, aren't you doing a bad job right now? Raven has little to no knowledge of the world and while she was being tortured you were probably kicking your heels up somewhere nice.
nervartius
nervartius

Back to top Go down

Post  Calilea Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:32 am

The Huntress shifted her wings. "She's sleeping easily. Not sedated with drugs, I merely eased her mind of the Fury she was feeling and helped her to the land of dreams." She looked over, "I spent the better part of a Decade trying to track this troupe down so I could rescue her, I cannot TEACH her if I cannot be CLOSE to her. A bond, one of friendship and trust is needed for Guardians to do their job well."

Ravenoth shifted, her long tail sending sparkles of light across the scales. "Let them live.... the Council will take care of them..." As she walked, she trailed a wing edge into the dirt, a light circle being drawn as she focused on runes for the procedure. "As for Ravenoth, She needs a good home, and until Judgement is passed.... she cannot live with me."
Calilea
Calilea

Back to top Go down

Post  nervartius Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:33 am

Ran stared at the rune circle curously, reconizing the runes that the winged huntress was drawing with her wingtips.
Where are you going to transport her? Ran's mental voice was tinged with anxiety and scales glowing a soft yellow with worry. A small branch snapped behind her and she thudded her spiked and feathered tail close to Notch's muzzle. He had moved slightly and was watching the whole scene apparently. Excuse me... Ran growled to the huntress.
Now you! Don't move or I will kill you. She growled, turing around and glaring deep into Notch's eyes. Even if you did know me once, if you threaten me or Raveonth I will kill you.
nervartius
nervartius

Back to top Go down

Post  Calilea Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:36 am

"To a cave not far from here...." She finished the rune before raising a wing and flicking it free of dirt. She chuckled softly before Notch's actions got her attention as well. She pulled out her weapon and sighed. "Notch. You think I am finished with you? Ravenoth is in the care of her Kin and Guardian"
Calilea
Calilea

Back to top Go down

Post  nervartius Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:32 am

Ran growled approvingly of the Huntress's words. Words of a true predator. The world could do with some more kick butt humans like this one. She turned her head away from the puny Notch.
Hey, Huntress? Ran growled softly, moving closer to Raven. I'll leave Notch to you Ok? Take care...
As Ran hummed a short transportaion spell, the world swirled and the last image she saw was Notch's expression of true terror.
nervartius
nervartius

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next