Literate Dragon/Neko Role Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winged Wolves ~The Pack of Golden Rain~ *open!*

4 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Winged Wolves ~The Pack of Golden Rain~ *open!* Empty Winged Wolves ~The Pack of Golden Rain~ *open!*

Post  Sonny Guire Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:43 am

"We, are wolves. Not any ordinary wolves, however. When the need or urge arises, we take to the skies! The wolves who make this pack their home, are trained to be warriors. We live on the side of a large mountain. Mount Nakayama, one of the tallest around the area. There is a large abundance of trees and thick undergrowth, along with an equally abundance source of prey! We thrive here, far, far above any heights humans dare to wander by foot. There are some on rare occasions, but they never stay long, or last long, rather. We are noble and respect each other, as a family should...Come, stay awhile, you will most assuredly find that you enjoy it here. All wings are welcome. Join our family!"

(Look at my roleplay characters to find mine, Alpha and a warrior!)
Ranks: Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Omega(untrusted, for punishment not ranking up!), Warriors, Caretakers, and Loners.
MUST start as warrior and earn ranks through trust and loyalty!

Sonny Guire
Sonny Guire

Back to top Go down

Winged Wolves ~The Pack of Golden Rain~ *open!* Empty Re: Winged Wolves ~The Pack of Golden Rain~ *open!*

Post  Sonny Guire Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:12 pm

Naomi
She landed softly, carrying a large rabbit. Behind her, Kaito landed as well, carrying two more.
"I'm so glad we found a family of rabbits, or we would be very hungry by now!"she exclaimed, setting down her catch.

Kaito
He nodded and replied with a grunt, setting his down beside the other.
"We need a few more wolves besides ourselves, though, Alpha...this is becoming tiresome, hunting while protecting, while searching for more to join our pack."
"I know, Kaito, I know..."came her reply,then she dragged a rabbit to her den to eat, allowing him to eat.
Sonny Guire
Sonny Guire

Back to top Go down

Winged Wolves ~The Pack of Golden Rain~ *open!* Empty Re: Winged Wolves ~The Pack of Golden Rain~ *open!*

Post  Calilea Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:40 am

((Once more into the fray we go))

Karasu winged over the area, her sharp eyes spotting movement. Quick as a flash, she folded her wings and dropped. Landing on a tree, her sharp claws dug in. She waited, looking, listening. More than once in a battle, she outsmarted her opponent because she looked too young to fight. In truth, she was born early and was forced to be smaller than most other wolves.

It has been a long time since she was last bothered by her size, but still it got under her fur once in a blue moon. She shook her head free of these thoughts, continuing to look for the wolves she spotted from her flight.
Calilea
Calilea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonny Guire Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:38 pm

Naomi
She licked her lips and padded outside just as Kaito passed by, sniffing the air.
"Anything amiss?"she asked, coming to stand beside him.
"Not really. The birds, trees, prey, and a fox family. But..."he trailed off.
She looked at him expectantly. "But?"
"Wolf. Female, sneaking around. I smelled her the other day, too. I didn't want to speak of it before I was certain she wasn't just passing by."
"I see, thank you for the report. Anything malicious?"she asked again.
"Not as far as I can tell...but, I've been wrong before." he added a little sheepishly.
"Take Yuuta with you to patrol." she ordered calmly. (He's just another warrior, who comes in randomly, not my main though, Kaito's younger brother)
"Yes Alpha." he replied, then was gone.

Kaito
He hurried to his brothers den, and called him out.
"What now?"his brothers voice came just before he appeared from his den.
"Patrol. Suspicious wolf scent. Naomi wants us to check around, but don't be too obvious."he replied.
"'K."
They left quickly, trotting through the woods, sniffing here and there, glancing in the trees for eyes. Anything.
"Must be well hidden."his brother commented after awhile.
"Yeh,"he grunted,"probably in the trees."
(^Purposeful mis-spelling)
Sonny Guire
Sonny Guire

Back to top Go down

Post  Calilea Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:59 pm

Karasu moved silently, a soft growl echoed in her throat as she moved to another tree. She misjudged her jump and the tree she sprang from sang her former position. She lowered, the silvering in her fur breaking up her outline easily.

She listened to the males speak, she almost purred like a cat when they couldn't find her.
Calilea
Calilea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonny Guire Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:53 pm

Kaito
He immediately turned on the sound.
"She's here."he whispered inconspicuously to his brother, who only nodded, then spoke out louder.
"I can't find her. Maybe we should look somewhere else?"he asked."I don't want to waste all day searching for a shadow."
"You finish up here, I'll go onto the Training Hollow."Yuuta replied, then disappeared through the bushes.
He hoped their plan worked. He sniffed around, knowing she was in one of the two trees he was around. She wouldn't dare jump to another with him so close, lest she gave up her position.
Sonny Guire
Sonny Guire

Back to top Go down

Post  Calilea Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:04 pm

Karasu narrowed her eyes, her temper getting the better of her. She swished her tail once. A smell similar to burnt Ozone wafted as she fought to regain control of her emotions. These wolves... were similar to ones she ran into a year or so ago. And just as clever. But, she had an idea.

Using a branch near her, she whacked it, sending a shower of leaves and nuts to fall on the unsuspecting wolves. She then jumped, heading for the canopy. Her body was not built for strength, like her family had. But for speed. She could not afford to be caught.
Calilea
Calilea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonny Guire Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:14 pm

Kaito
Swift as a cat he dodged sideways, seeing a shadow pass above him in the ash tree above him.
Not a second later his brother was there.
"What in Hajimi's great name was that?!"he exclaimed.
"Just her."he laughed. "I'm done wasting my time on this shadowy fae. If she is really so suspicious of us to continue hiding, thinking we are actually going to do her harm, she can continue with that thought in mind. If she was that dangerous, we would have been able to tell by now, or will soon in the future, but our patrol isn't over, and we should be getting back soon. An aerial view of the territory will make it easier."
"Alright, let's go."Yuuta agreed, and took off with ease.
"We mean you no harm, fae, but if you are slinking around our land for a reason unnecessary, it would be best if you left."he called out to her, then shot into the sky, gone in an instant.
Sonny Guire
Sonny Guire

Back to top Go down

Post  Calilea Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:20 pm

Karasu listened to the message, chuckling softly to herself. But it was a very bitter chuckle. Taking wing, she hovered for a moment, looking around. The place was paradise.... at least to her eyes. Those cerulean orbs blinked as she held in the air, her beating wings creating no sound. When she saw no sign of the wolves from before she foolishly let down her guard.

Last time this had happened, she lost her brothers. Looking down at the markings on her legs and snorting, she took one last look around her. Those wolves vanished quicker than she could! Then again, she was only 2 or 3. She never got the proper training to hunt and fight. What she knew, she learned so she could survive.
Calilea
Calilea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonny Guire Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:41 pm

Naomi listened for them, and finally heard them returning. She pawed the ground impatiently, eager for the report.
"Well?"she asked just as they landed.

Kaito
"She's here, and very suspicious. Probably has emotional scars of a pack or something. She seems to be younger, maybe 2, or 3. Not sure, but she's black. Maybe with some markings, I couldn't tell. She has the possibility of being a Controller, but she doesn't seem experienced enough to do anything yet.
But, she does have wings, because the whole time, she was in a tree."he reported, giving his guesses and estimates. He was a good investigator, with an extremely excellent and well-trained nose.

Naomi
"Ah. I see. Anything from you, Yuuta?"she turned to face the younger of the two.
"He said it all. She tried to trick us by hitting some nuts and such onto us to bounce trees, but she just made it obvious she was there, so she has a clever imagination, but a beginner, no doubt. She would still be in training if she were in a pack." he added.
She nodded, taking in all the information.
"So, she's basically a 2 1/2 year old, black, half-trained loner fae who wandered into our territory and might plan to camp here for a bit? I don't allow travelers in our territory unless they come to us and we know who they are, and then they could stay as a guest. But a mysterious, unkown fae wandering on my territory, who might cause trouble, can't just hang around. I will be fair to her, but I also have the duty of looking after our pack's safety as well."she stated, then turned and took off, looking back once.
"Invite her here, but not openly. If she refuses, tell her to respectfully leave, maybe, try and convince her to at least meet me, and yes, bring her here when she's ready. Okay? I need to go think for a bit. Be back in a few."she added, before swooping out over the tree tops.
Sonny Guire
Sonny Guire

Back to top Go down

Post  Calilea Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:48 pm

Karasu rolled in the air, enjoying being free again. The winds teased her fur gently as she landed neatly near a lake. Taking a much-needed few laps, she sat and scritched at her ear. She rolled on the ground, getting the itch on her back. Again she looked at her reflection afterwards. Her large paws and ears made her look like an overgrown puppy. She settled, the sun shimmering on her twilight fur. She yawned, curling up. It was quiet where she settled, flying for days to escape the pain was exhausting.
Calilea
Calilea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonny Guire Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:04 pm

((This is Long!))
Her eyes zoned in on the little black dot, which grew as she neared. She effortlessly landed on a large branch just above her, creating no noise to disturb the silence that had enveloped itself around the area as the strange fae slept. Naomi watched for a moment, then closed her eyes. Naomi didn't have any particular element or power, but she could enter anyone's dreams, give them messages, or even just speak to their mind, give them thoughts out of nowhere, anything in the mind. Even make them go insane... She entered the fae's dreams, walking through a field of tall grass. A few yards away, the black fae was sitting, hunched over. Her soul was crying, being broken to pieces. Dead wolves were suddenly strewn in various places. A few looked like the black fae, maybe her family. Naomi walked over and rested her wing comfortingly on the fae's shoulder. The younger wolf immediately looked up, and seemed as if she was about to ask a question, but nothing came out.
"You have nothing to fear. Sometimes, you have to open your heart to another for the healing to start."she murmured to the fae, then turned and silently padded away, swallowed up by the grass.
--
Naomi woke, and shook herself. She sent the fae a message. Come visit, its all for the better.
She took off once again, immediately heading for camp. She reached it in a few seconds at the speed she was going, and landed with a small thump.
"What happened while I was gone?"
"Gone? You haven't been gone for more than a few minutes. We had no chance to leave, because Kaito got a thorn stuck in his paw!" Yuuta explained, indicating to his brother who was vigorously licking his paw.
Sonny Guire
Sonny Guire

Back to top Go down

Post  Calilea Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:14 pm

A little while passed, Karasu woke with a start, her dream still vivid. Seeing her pack's mutilation, and loosing hr brothers. She shook her head free of the dreams before yawning. That message whispered at the forefront of her mind again.

She was afraid, it was soothing to feel a gentle touch after so long, but it was also a possible trick. She growled, deciding to walk. Her nose picked up on other scents, kills. She knew better than to try and eat, she was not exactly.... welcome yet.

She walked through the bushes, stopping just short of the last few. The family was together, several Wolves were messing around and one, no the two from before were here. She folded her large ears back, taking a step backwards. Right onto a twig and snapping it.
Calilea
Calilea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonny Guire Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:28 pm

Naomi turned to the sound, and found herself staring into the eyes of the little black fae.
She blinked once, then laughed outright. After a second, she recomposed herself and spoke.
"Ahh...a sad attempt at stealth indeed. If you wish to come out, you are much welcome to do so. We don't bite friends."she said gently. She didn't want to scare her away, so kindness was the best option. After the glimpse of this wolfs past that she had, she sincerely wanted to help.

Kaito was on the defensive, but couldn't do much because of the thorn he had gotten stuck in his paw a few minutes before. The wound still hurt, and he didn't want to put pressure on it just yet.
Sonny Guire
Sonny Guire

Back to top Go down

Post  Calilea Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:35 pm

Karasu walked out, her ears still low. She skirted away from the injured wolf. It seemed he was glaring at her, even ready to attack. Her tail was tucked under her belly as she crept closer. Coming out of the bush, they got a full look her. Bright white horns and claws were the only things not covered in twilight. Her pelt was three shades of black with shimmering silver spread here and there. Her left forepaw looked like it was dipped in stardust while her right looked like it merely stepped in it.

Her wings, tightly folded to her back, showed trace spots of silver and white at the tips. If one looked, they were almost reminiscent of the stars in the night skies. She looked up, without moving her nose and revealed the almost glowing cerulean eyes. Eyes that had seen things of nightmares. Such as the destruction of pack and family.
Calilea
Calilea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonny Guire Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:42 pm

Naomi padded up to her, stopping a tail length away.
"There's no need to be afraid."she murmured softly, and without turning away, spoke to Kaito."Stand down. She is no threat to us, or to you, so just...chill."

Kaito was surprised at her for a second, but nodded and lied back down again, trying with all his might to relax.

"Are you hungry?"
Sonny Guire
Sonny Guire

Back to top Go down

Post  Calilea Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:53 pm

Karasu wanted to shake her head in denial but her stomach roared in response. She flushed darkly before looking over to the other wolf. He stopped bristling at least.

Calming down slightly, she sat on her haunches and blinked. "Why are you being so nice to me?"
Calilea
Calilea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonny Guire Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:47 am

Naomi's laugh sounded out like bells, and she immediately gave the black fae on of the rabbits they had previously caught.
"Why? Because you are my guest. No wolf deserves to be alone. Even if their past haunts them around every corner. Eat and rest, now. I'll speak with you have eaten something."she replied, then turned and gave out orders.
"Yuuta, eat then take Chika around on evening patrol."she told the black wolf, who nodded in return.
We don't have as many wolves as we used to...maybe this fae will prove herself worthy?
Sonny Guire
Sonny Guire

Back to top Go down

Post  Calilea Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:59 am

Karasu's gaze fell on the rabbit before she gave an exhilarated yip and pounced on it. Her famished body and quick eating left nothing left after a few short moments. She settled, licking the blood free from her chops before her eyes glistened like gems.

She licked the blood from her paws next, effectively cleaning her fur back to its' pristine state before sitting quietly and waiting for the Alpha to address her.
Calilea
Calilea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonny Guire Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:15 am

Naomi looked back at the fae, and found her watching her intently.
"Done already?"she laughed, then turned her full attention to her guest, sitting back on her haunches. "I am Naomi, the Alpha of Golden Rain. As you have already seen, we are winged such as yourself. The grumpy gray male over there is Kaito. Don't worry, his bark-or glare- is worse than his bite. His younger brother Yuuta is the black male who I assigned to leave with Chika, the pure brown fae, who should have been gone by now."she explained, giving a meaningful glance to Yuuta, and he nodded sheepishly and the two wolves took off immediately."We have a Medicine Wolf, but she is busy at the moment. Her name is Masuyo, her scent is easily picked out for her herb fragrance she carries around everywhere. These are all of us, but we had a larger pack, if it hadn't been for the Split. That is for another time, though. If not anything else, I would at least like to know your name?"
Sonny Guire
Sonny Guire

Back to top Go down

Post  Calilea Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:24 am

Karasu looked around as the others were introduced. She heard the statement. "I would at least like to know your name..."

Stretching politely she looked back, flicking an ear. "My name... is Karasu. The last of the Starlight Pack.." She gained a faraway look, "I am sorry... it's been so long since I've actually spoken with another wolf instead of baring my fangs and fighting for my life..."
Calilea
Calilea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonny Guire Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:39 am

Naomi nodded.
"Yes, well you won't need to do that here. Stay as long as you like, I think you just need to relax. There is an empty den beside Kaito, you may take that."she replied warmly, her eyes full of understanding. You have nothing to fear here.-she sent to Karasu's mind, but not prominently.
Sonny Guire
Sonny Guire

Back to top Go down

Post  Calilea Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:42 am

Karasu heard the term Den and smiled in gracious thanks. How long had it been since she had slept in one? Seven months? Eight? She looked over to the male wolf and quirked her head cutely. "He's not mad that I made nuts and leaves rain on him is he?"
Calilea
Calilea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonny Guire Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:54 am

Kaito
He grumbled.
"Like that would bother me. Just go into the den before it rains."he retorted, limping into his own den, just as a sprinkle started.

Naomi
She laughed.
"No, he's just in a fowl mood after he pricked his paw with a thorn. He has knack for predicting the weather, with his ability. He has Superior Senses, which means he can see, hear, smell, taste, feel, and his orientation, or sense when somethings happening or going to, and he can do this almost 2 to 3 times better than any regular wolf. That was why he dodged out of the way when you tried to rain on him, did he not?"
Sonny Guire
Sonny Guire

Back to top Go down

Post  Calilea Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:05 am

Karasu shook, the droplets making her fur sparkle slightly. "Guess so."

She slid into the Den with ease, the rain becoming music instead of a nuisance. She yawned, her wings shifting this way and that as her horns crackled with electricity. She looked around, 'Maybe this place..... won't be so bad...'
Calilea
Calilea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next